Philbrook Lake Forum
November 23, 2017, 10:38:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TO REGISTER: You MUST email the administrator (nickcabinD) before picking a Username.  See the Getting Started section for details. 
To go to the main Philbrook Lake website, click here: www.philbrooklake.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Propane  (Read 191 times)
T4R

View Profile Email
« on: August 21, 2017, 03:15:22 PM »

I'm not sure what others are paying for propane from Suburban Propane at Philbrook, but our August fill-up was $4.30 a gallon plus about $12 in fees (not counting the tank lease.) The average rate for most non-discounted propane right now is about $2.15 (I called about 5 suppliers recently because I moved to a house on propane in the Chico area.)  When I called Suburban they said their higher cost is because they are the only propane company interested in driving up to Philbrook.

So I called my propane supplier - Tri Flame Propane out of Magalia - and they said they would be happy to supply propane twice a year to anyone who wants it at Philbrook for their standard rate (about $2.15 right now), no contracts, no fees. Their price is the same whether you lease a tank from them or own one yourself. If you're interested call Amanda - 530-873-4101.

Cheers!
Tony
nickcabinD
Administrator

N6RCJ

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 08:58:01 PM »

Thats really a huge difference.  I hate getting ripped.  Suburban doesn't even like coming up here.  I'll be making a call or two.

"If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: