Philbrook Lake Forum
September 25, 2017, 02:52:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TO REGISTER: You MUST email the administrator (nickcabinD) before picking a Username.  See the Getting Started section for details. 
To go to the main Philbrook Lake website, click here: www.philbrooklake.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wells  (Read 7820 times)
Maynard/Anderson25

View Profile Email
« on: June 24, 2007, 07:16:09 PM »

We have talked to a well driller and was given a ballpark figure of $5000.00 depending on the terrain and the quantity of wells drilled. The more wells at a time, the less cost for each. Is anyone else interested in teaming up to put in a well at their cabin? We have just been waiting to see what develops and what direction to head. Thanks to Nick for a very fine job getting this up and running. Tamie
nickcabinD
Administrator

N6RCJ

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 02:42:24 PM »

That is good info to have, and within a couple months perhaps we will have talked to the Forest Service and we will know how resolute they are, after being presented with the Eldorado Forest's actions.

"If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough."
nickcabinD
Administrator

N6RCJ

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 09:05:31 PM »

This still needs to be verified, but one of the well drillers I have contacted indicated that the 100 foot separation from well to septic may be partially incorrect.  He said it was 50 ft from well to septic tank, and 100 ft from well to the drain field.  I'll be verifying that next week.

nickcabinD
Administrator

N6RCJ

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 10:33:40 AM »

The first well driller will be visiting on Sunday June 22.  We will visit the 15 or so lots that have requested a well drilling quote.  If you have specific information you think we need, please have it to me by June 20th.  If you want to be on site, that would be the best.

nickcabinD
Administrator

N6RCJ

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 09:44:21 AM »

Just in case you think nothing is happening as a result of the visit, I can assure you that is not the case.  We found spots for a well in almost every case where someone wanted one, but there are some regulatory details I am working out with the driller and the county and the state to make sure those are valid locations.  I will give a complete rundown soon.  I am working on a variance to allow more than 4 hookups without kicking us into the "public well" category, based on our seasonal useage and the cabin occupancy during that short season.  I am making progress!

NR

nickcabinD
Administrator

N6RCJ

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 09:47:51 AM »

I have verified it is 50 feet to a septic system because our lots were surveyed before they changed to the 100 ft standard in the mid-70's.  Surprisingly, the State does not recognize an outhouse as a leechfield, but I am still not going to put my well anywhere near it!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 10:03:12 AM by nickcabin10 » Logged

CAPMountain

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 12:11:16 PM »

How far do they think they are going to have to drill to get water?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 12:42:30 PM by nickcabin10 » Logged
nickcabinD
Administrator

N6RCJ

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 09:45:52 PM »

I sent the letter below to the county today.

nickcabinD
Administrator

N6RCJ

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 11:50:50 AM »

How far do they think they are going to have to drill to get water?
Unknown.  Campground is 120ft deep.  Others around the lake are as shallow as 15 ft.

nickcabinD
Administrator

N6RCJ

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 05:42:51 PM »

Great news.

The variance for more than 4 hookups on a well has been finalized.  The letter authorizing it is attached.  There can now be a systems with 5, 6 and 7 hookups.  I think that covers everyone around the lake that could possibly want it.  Please let me know if that is not the case.

janecabinDD

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 08:01:28 AM »

THANK YOU!!  THANK YOU!!!  NICK!!!!!     
T4R

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 07:55:49 PM »

Hi All!

We just bought cabin 35 and we're looking to put in a well. After speaking to the driller it looks like it will be significantly cheaper if he can drill a few at the same time. Anyone out there who would like to put one in this spring?

Looking forward to getting know you all!

Tony and Megan Stover
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: